What Makes Us Happy?
Helping clients. Effecting positive impact through visual communications. Designing enticing brands. Producing patterns. Using letters to design, both as form and content. Collaborating and strategizing with clients, copywriters, printers and web developers. Efficient problem-solving. Friendly and authentic connections. Effective communications and project management. Never missing a deadline. Getting an email form a client saying how happy they are to have worked with me. Getting an email form a client saying how happy they are to work with me again.
As a small design studio, This Makes Me Happy provides personalized attention and customized solutions with a focus on visual communication, concept, and problem solving.
This Makes Me Happy is a minority-owned business.
This Makes Me Happy is a graphic design studio focusing on branding, patterns and typography.
Bernardo is a graphic designer and art director based in Philadelphia. He holds an MFA in Graphic and Interactive Design from Temple University’s Tyler School of Art, and a Certificate in Typeface Design from Cooper Union. His 9+ years work experience includes small and large studios, multinational entertainment groups, and clients ranging from non-profits, to universities, to medical groups, and many more, both in the USA and abroad. His work has been awarded and shown across the globe. He enjoys typography, hand lettering, designing patterns and color. In addition to heading This Makes Me Happy, Bernardo is an educator, crafter, knitter, polyglot, foreigner, and middle child.
- Dscoop 2017 (Speaking Engagement)
- Hot For Teacher, AIGA Philadelphia 2015 (Group Exhibition)
- Typism Pocket Book 2013 (Publication)
- Philadelphia Design Awards 2013 (Award / Group Exhibition)
- Premios a la Crítica, Categoría Edición de Libro o Catálogo de Arte, Mención Catálogo; AICA (International Association of Art Critics) 2012 (Award)
- Typography 32 2012 (Publication)
- Cut, Cut, Cut 2012 (Solo Exhibition)
- Philadelphia Design Awards 2011 (Award / Group Exhibition)
- TDC57, Certificate of Typographic Excellence 2011 (Award and Group Exhibition)
- Brianna Boulanger, Designer
- Rocío Castañeda, Business Dev
- Catherine Price, Copywriter
- Orly Margulis, Social Media
- Jason Zappolo, Podcast Production